Thefts, drugs top grand jury indictments
Three men allegedly involved in a string of ATV thefts going back to 2020 are among about 25 people indicted by a Neshoba County grand jury recently.
Neshoba County Sheriff Eric Clark said the indictments stem from the most recent grand jury convened in mid December.
Mason Cole Anthony, 20, 1150 Road 248, was indicted on three charges of grand larceny.
His alleged accomplices, Blake Hagood, 19, 10400 Road 547, and Jack D. Ross, 19, 204 East Walnut Street, Union, were both indicted on one charge each of grand larceny.
Anthony was brought in on his three indictments on the afternoon of Dec. 19, 2022, and posted $15,000, or $5,000 per charge, within 45 minutes.
Hagood and Ross were brought in on their indictments the following day and both bonded out that day.
Clark said in that case the Neshoba County Sheriff’s Office received a call at about 1:30 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 16, from the Bethsaida community on Road 517.
The caller had located a stolen Honda 4-wheeler that belonged to a family member and requested deputies to the location.
Deputies arrived to verify the VIN number and determined the 2021 Honda TRX520 ATV was stolen from Newton County, Clark said.
This led to the arrest of Hagood that same day at his Road 547 residence.
Anthony turned himself in the following day, Clark said, and Ross was arrested in Booneville while attending class at Northeast Mississippi Community College.
Clark said at the time that the trio was suspected in about seven separate incidents reports in four adjoining counties. The oldest incident was reported in December 2020.
The other grand jury indictments served in December and January in Neshoba County where as follows:
• Angela Kay Boswell, 43, 2323 Highway 496, Meridian, was indicted on a charge of burglary of an unoccupied dwelling.
• Thomas James Boswell, 44, 2323 Highway 496, Meridian, was indicted on a charge of burglary of an unoccupied dwelling.
• Zachery Collins, 19, 1011 Golf Course Road, was indicted on three counts of burglary of a business.
• Daniel Day, 49, 10540 Road 541, was indicted for possession of meth.
• Naudia H. Durham, 18, 10051 Road 1345, was indicted for burglary of a business.
• Nicholas Green, 19, 304 Cherry Avenue, was indicted on four charges of auto burglary.
• Alex Harrell, 46, 10370 Road 305, was indicted on a charge of possession of methamphetamine.
• Shanice L. Hickman, 28, 414 Goat Ranch Road, was indicted for DUI.
• Julia Jones, 37, 391 Morris Bankstrom Road, Laurel, was indicted on a charge of possession of methamphetamine.
• Thomasine Jones Jumper, 34, 1128 Golf Course Road, was indicted for DUI.
• Gerald Damon Lewis, 42, 10962 Road 701, Union, was indicted on a charge of possession of methamphetamine.
• Jaquez Lewis, 21, Union, was indicted on a charge of possession of methamphetamine.
• Eric Lofton McLain, 32, 10241 Road 450, was indicted on a charge of aggravated domestic violence.
• Jared Posey, 42, 11581 Road 387, was indicted on a charge of possession of meth.
• Antwone Smith, 18, 10083 Road 145, was indicted on eight charges of auto burglary.
• Miah R. Farve, 27, 221 Rolling Hill Circle, Choctaw, was indicted on a charge of possession of a controlled substance in a corrections facility.
• Mason Clint Tubby, 33, 887 Black Jack Road, was indicted on a charge of possession of methamphetamine.
• Jonathan Myers, 62, 1124 Donna Avenue, Jackson, was indicted on charges of taking away a motor vehicle and burglary of a dwelling.
• Stephanie Reeves, 39, 371 Henry Mack Smith Road, was indicted on the charge of possession of a controlled substance.
• Roventay Peden, 29, 399 Clyde Avenue, was indicted on a charge of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
• Bobbie Jo Anderson, 31, 317 Breland Street, was indicted on a charge of false pretense
• Bryant Henry, 43, 209 East Tucker Road, was indicted on the charge of possession of meth.