Supervisors approve new appointments
The Neshoba County Board of Supervisors made three appointments during last Tuesday’s meeting.
Melanie Barnett was approved to fill the office of District 4 Election Commissioner until an election.
She replaces Heather Kennedy who resigned in December to run for Circuit Clerk.
Lynda Gayle Robertson was named commissioner for Neshoba County to Mississippi Regional Housing Authority. And, Harold Eakes was named Jury Commissioner.
In other matters, supervisors voted to:
• Approve the removal of a 2013 Ford Taurus Police Interceptor from the Sheriff’s inventory after it was totaled following a deer collision;
• Accept the insurance payment of $2,968 for damage to 2021 Ford F-150;
• Approve transitioning admin assistant Ansleigh Ramsey from part-time to full-time;
• Approve Transunion credit reporting contract modification of pricing, $245 per month for up to $375 monthly;
• Approve a request from the Chancery Court to reimburse Winston County $1,039.00 for a stenograph machine in use by court reporter Maryann Costa;
• Approve the appointment of Shea Woodson to the North Bend Volunteer Fire Protection District for a five (5) year term;
• Approve the hiring of Denise Tingle as Coliseum Events Coordinator;
• Approve the payment of dues for Anna Byrd to the Mississippi to Association of Extension 4-H Agent, $100;
• Approve the employment of the board attorney Wade White and the County Engineer Thomas Crowder for 2023; and,
• Accept the annual road inspection reports and the updates to the Neshoba County Road Plan – Four Year Road Improvement Plan.