HARDY recovering after tour bus crash

HARDY recovering after tour bus crash


Country music star and Neshoba County native HARDY continues to recover following a tour bus accident on Oct. 2 in Tennessee that sent him and three others to the hospital as he prepares for his wedding later this month, according to his family.

Michael Wilson Hardy, 32, who performs under the mononym HARDY, is “doing well,” his father, Mike Hardy, told the Democrat Tuesday.

Mike Hardy said his son received several lacerations to his head that required staples and that he was released the same day. 

“It was an eye-opening experience for the whole crew,” Mike Hardy said. “I know they are all going through some physical and emotional healing. They are just thankful to be alive and that there were no fatalities. They are grateful for each other and for the police and EMTs who responded to the wreck.”

Despite his injuries, Mike Hardy said his son’s wedding plans for late October are still intact. HARDY will marry his fiancé, Caleigh Ryan, who is originally from San Diego, on Oct. 29.

“We have friends and family coming into town and expect a very good wedding weekend,” Mike Hardy said.

The country music artist posted on social media Sunday, Oct. 2 about his medical condition and the health of his road crew after being involved in the crash early that morning following his appearance at Country Thunder Bristol in Tennessee, the magazine Billboard reported.

The bus overturned on a portion of Interstate 40 west near Nashville at the Wilson County and Davidson County lines at about 2:30 a.m., The Tennessean reported.

“Following last night’s show, our tour bus was in an accident on our way home from Bristol,” HARDY wrote in his statement, which was shared widely on social media. “There were just four of us, including myself, on the bus, however, we were all treated for significant injuries. Our friend, and bus driver needs your prayers as he is still in the hospital. His family is with him while he is being treated and we’re all pulling and praying for him.

The “Beers on Me” singer added that he was released from the hospital following the incident, but that doctors have ordered him to “recover for the next few weeks which may cost us at a couple of shows. My team and I will keep the fans updated on that as I rest in the coming days.”

HARDY closed his statement by asking fans to pray for the recovery of his team. “Please keep our road family in your prayers and I promise to keep you updated in the days to follow,” he wrote. “God bless our medics and local and state officials for their quick response and incredible service.”

Mike Hardy confirmed the others injured in the wreck were Noah Brown, Tanner Gallagher and Ricky Hudson.

Brown, the tour manager, was sleeping on the bus at the time. Mike Hardy said when the bus flipped over it dumped all the bunks on the floor of the bus and that Brown suffered severe bruising but was released that same day.

Gallagher, HARDY’s photographer and videographer, was in the lounge with HARDY when the wreck happened and suffered a crushed foot, cracked ribs, a punctured lung and a cracked vertebra. Mike Hardy said Gallagher has since been released from the hospital.

Hudson, the bus driver, had severe bruising on his head and has since been released from the hospital, Mike Hardy said.

As a result of the wreck, HARDY had to cancel a few tour dates including one with Morgan Wallen at the Ranger’s baseball stadium in Arlington, Texas.

His next scheduled gig is on Dec. 1 in Athens, Georgia, at the Georgia Theatre.

HARDY’s career continues to move forward. On Oct. 10 he announced the release of his sophomore album titled “The Mockingbird & The Crow” set to release in January. The following day he announced a 16-date cross-country tour supporting the album that will start on Feb. 16 in Indianapolis. 

HARDY is the 2022 ACM Songwriter of the Year and two-time AIMP Songwriter of the Year, additionally nominated for New Artist of the Year at the 2021 CMA Awards.

Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions