Officers heading to schools
The Neshoba County Sheriff’s Department reached an interlocal agreement with the Neshoba County School District to provide up to three resource officers during the upcoming school year.
This matter was approved by the Neshoba County Board of Supervisors Monday.
The school district will pay the sheriff’s department $55,000 per officer for up to three officers. These officers will be on the Sheriff’s payroll but will be dedicated to protecting the schools.
In other actions, supervisors voted to:
• Approve the employment of Dyron Talbert as a deputy sheriff, effective Wednesday;
• Approve the employment of Kaliyah Tubbv as a corrections officer for the jail at $12 per hour. Supervisors accepted the resignation of corrections officer Mary Johnson effective June 17;
• Supervisors accepted the resignation of Glen “Wes” Wells from the Road Department;
• Approve a 16th Section land lease agreement between the Neshoba County School District and the Longino VFD;
• Approve a request for the employees at the 911 Center to go to a 12-hour shift schedule;
• Authorize a contract with Crowder Engineering for additional leveling of county roads 404, 602, 624 and 769;
• Approve an order to pay Boatner Construction $89,205 for work done on the Courthouse Annex Project.