Of Local Interest
NESHOBA COUNTY FAIR EXHIBIT HALL SIGN UP
Come by the MSU Extension Service-Neshoba County office and pick up your entry forms, entry tags and exhibitor number for the Neshoba County Fair Exhibit Hall. Youth ages 8-18 can enter items in the categories of fresh fruits and vegetables, field crops, food preservation, food-nutrition, posters, and arts and crafts. Adult categories include fresh fruits and vegetables, field crops, food preservation, and cultural arts. The deadline to pick up your entry forms, tags and exhibitor number is Friday, July 16. Call 601-656-4011 or come by the Extension Service office in the Neshoba County Coliseum for more information.
Please mail all donations for Old Pearl Valley Baptist Church Cemetery Fund to Mrs. Joan Gamblin at 12220 Marty Stuart Drive Philadelphia, MS 39350.
Mt. Olive Baptist Church in the Stephens Town Community will be having a Homecoming/Memorial service Sunday May 30th starting at 10:30. After the service we will have a fellowship dinner. If you have loved ones buried in the cemetery, we would like for you to come and be a part of our service. Everyone that will be staying please bring your favorite dish of food. We will have a great time in the Lords House. Joe Beckham 601-416-5896
NESHOBA CENTRAL PRE-K
The Pre-Kindergarten Program is located at the Neshoba County School District, Office of Federal Programs/Pre-K building at 1125 Golf Course Road. Students are screened for enrollment by a pre-kindergarten test. The program is designed to serve those children with the most academic/ developmental needs, and will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2021. The classes will begin and end to coincide with the regular school term at Neshoba County Schools. Participating students’ parents will be required to provide transportation to and from the center. As other students in the school district, pre-k students will be offered breakfasts and lunches by the Neshoba County School District Food Services.
Registration and testing will be conducted from 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m,, on May 19 – 21. We ask that one parent attend with the child being tested.
To register a child for the pre-k program, guardians must provide the following documents:
Two (2) of the following proofs of residency:
• IF RENTING/LEASING: Current notarized official home/apartment lease/rental agreement with length of lease and Parent’s or Guardian’s name included on lease/rental agreement (THIS MUST BE ONE OF THE PROOFS IF LEASING OR RENTING and one of the following #3-#6)
• Filed Homestead Exemption application form OR current mortgage document or property deed
• Valid driver’s license OR voter identification card
• Current utility bill (dated within 60 days) showing the service location with parent’s or guardian’s name listed (acceptable bills: electricity, gas, water, or landline telephone)
• Automobile registration receipt
• Any other document that will objectively and unequivocally establish that the parent or guardian resides within the school district, and in the case of a student living with a legal guardian who is a bona fide resident of the school district. (Official government documentation – i.e. current tax year return, social security statement, DHS statement, etc.)
• Property Tax Card, Property Deed, or other document that states the residency property’s
Section, Township, and Range.
C. The child’s certified birth certificate from Mississippi State Department of Health Vital Records (601-206-8200) (child must be 4 years of age on or before September 1, 2021),
D. The child’s social security card,
E. The child’s MS certificate of immunization compliance form (Form no. 121) checked and signed,
F. CDIB (if applicable).
HIGH SCHOOL REUNION
Philadelphia High School Class of 1980 is holding their 40-year reunion Saturday, June 12 at Bridges the Venue. $50 per individuals or $100 for couples. Contact Gilbert Vowell 601-416-1181.
THOMAS FAMILy REUNION
The descendants of William Washington and Lena Catherina Phillips Thomas, whose children are James Allen Thomas, William Melton Thomas, Albert Miles Thomas, John Marion Thomas, Mary Susan Thomas Brantley, and Dock Kelly Thomas will hold the Annual Thomas Family Reunion at the home place of William & Alpha Thomas at Madden, Mississippi on Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 11:30 AM. We hope each of you will plan to come and bring a dish and your lawn chair. If you have any old pictures or other family information that you can share, this will be a great contribution in preparation of a Thomas Family Book. We look forward to enjoying a day of food, fun and fellowship with each of you. We look forward to seeing each of you since we were not able to gather last year.