Of Local Interest
May 2. Homecoming Salem Baptist Church, Kemper County. Services begin at 10:45 with pot-luck lunch to follow. Pastor: Rev Alan Hawkins
We are hosting a clothes giveaway at the Neshoba County Baptist Association on Thursday, April 22 from 9:00-11:00.
This event will be held inside in the gym and is open to everybody. We have clothes for children, youth, men, women and lots of shoes and boots.
Pre-K Program Screening
If you or someone you know has a 4 year-old child that you would like to have tested for possible placement in the Philadelphia Pre-Kindergarten Program, please call the Elementary Office at 601-656-2000 to set up an appointment on February 26, 2021. Parents may call between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
The Pre-Kindergarten Program will be housed at Philadelphia Elementary School. Children will be screened for enrollment with a pre-kindergarten skills assessment. The children with the greatest academic need will have priority in placement.
The Pre-K class will adhere to the regular schedule of Philadelphia Public Schools. Pre-K students will be offered breakfasts and lunches by the Philadelphia Public School District Food Services. Applicants may start turning applications in on February 26,2021. Applicants must be toilet-trained. Students residing outside the Philadelphia Public School District are not eligible for the Pre-K program at Philadelphia Elementary. Pre-K students residing within the Philadelphia City Limits may be eligible for transportation.
In order to have a child tested for possible placement, parents must bring the following items to the testing appointment:
Two (2) proofs of residency in the Philadelphia Public School District
A certified birth certificate (child must be 4 years of age on or before September 1, 2021); The child’s social security card; The child’s immunization record
Neshoba County Vegetable Growers Association is hosting a Vendors’ Meeting on Tuesday, April 27th at 1:00 p.m. at the Philadelphia Farm Bureau Building Conference Room. If you are interested in becoming a vendor at Neshoba County’s excellent Farmers Markets, then you need to attend this meeting! Anyone who grows fruits or vegetables in a safe manner or creates some other homemade product is eligible to join. All other information about becoming a vendor will be presented at this Vendors’ Meeting.
Please call the extension office at 601-656-4011 for any questions about the meeting. The address of the Farm Bureau Conference Room is below: 704 E. Main St. Philadelphia, MS 39350
Join us for the 33rd Annual Chunn Reunion Sunday, May 2,2021 @ Union City Park. Family gathering at 11:30 potluck lunch at 12:00
Contact 601-604-7950 (Arron) or 601-416-3310 (Thurman). Due to damage to the building we will use the open site next door.
NESHOBA CENTRAL PRE-K
The Pre-Kindergarten Program is located at the Neshoba County School District, Office of Federal Programs/Pre-K building at 1125 Golf Course Road. Students are screened for enrollment by a pre-kindergarten test. The program is designed to serve those children with the most academic/ developmental needs, and will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2021. The classes will begin and end to coincide with the regular school term at Neshoba County Schools. Participating students’ parents will be required to provide transportation to and from the center. As other students in the school district, pre-k students will be offered breakfasts and lunches by the Neshoba County School District Food Services.
Registration and testing will be conducted from 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m,, on May 19 – 21. We ask that one parent attend with the child being tested.
To register a child for the pre-k program, guardians must provide the following documents:
Two (2) of the following proofs of residency:
• IF RENTING/LEASING: Current notarized official home/apartment lease/rental agreement with length of lease and Parent’s or Guardian’s name included on lease/rental agreement (THIS MUST BE ONE OF THE PROOFS IF LEASING OR RENTING and one of the following #3-#6)
• Filed Homestead Exemption application form OR current mortgage document or property deed
• Valid driver’s license OR voter identification card
• Current utility bill (dated within 60 days) showing the service location with parent’s or guardian’s name listed (acceptable bills: electricity, gas, water, or landline telephone)
• Automobile registration receipt
• Any other document that will objectively and unequivocally establish that the parent or guardian resides within the school district, and in the case of a student living with a legal guardian who is a bona fide resident of the school district. (Official government documentation – i.e. current tax year return, social security statement, DHS statement, etc.)
• Property Tax Card, Property Deed, or other document that states the residency property’s
Section, Township, and Range.
C. The child’s certified birth certificate from Mississippi State Department of Health Vital Records (601-206-8200) (child must be 4 years of age on or before September 1, 2021),
D. The child’s social security card,
E. The child’s MS certificate of immunization compliance form (Form no. 121) checked and signed,
F. CDIB (if applicable).