Culberson named 2022 Miss Black Neshoba County
Samiyah Culberson was crowned the 2022 Miss Black Neshoba County Saturday before a standing room only crowd at the Westside Community Center.
Six contestants competed in the pageant categories of Talent, African Attire and Evening Gown. Special guests in attendance included the Mayor James Young, Ward 4 Alderman Shaun Seales, and the 2021 Choctaw Indian Princess, Shemah Crosby.
Culberson is the 16-year-old daughter of Deaunda and Femee Culberson and she is a junior at Neshoba Central High School. Samiyah also received the Assistant Directors Award.
The first runner-up was Marlee Washington, the 15-year-old daughter of Mangold and Melonie Washington. Marlee also won the Director’s Award.
The second runner-up was Imaria Wilson, the 17-year-old daughter of Ashley and Allen Greer and Maurice Wilson. Imaria also won the Best Dress and Best Hair awards.
Special Category Awards were also awarded for:
• Miss Congeniality - Kyleigh Moore, the 16-year-old daughter of Marcus and Shandra Wilson.
• Most Photogenic - Charity Nicole Moore, the 17-year-old daughter of Charlotte and David Moore; and,
• Best Smile – Lexi Jones, the 16-year-old daughter of Alex and Kesha Jones.
In the newly added, Little Miss Division, six contestants, ranging in age from 6 to 10 years also competed for the crown on Saturday. With poise and great confidence, they each stood before the large crowd and competed in categories of Group Talent, Formal Attire and Prepared Remarks.
Taking home top honors and the title was Haven Calloway. Haven is the 9-year-old daughter of Kayla Greer and Jerry Calloway. She is in the 4th grade at Neshoba Central Elementary School. Haven also won Best Dress.
The first runner up was Raelyn Skinner, the 9-year-old daughter of Tiesha Hoskins and Dustin Skinner. Raelyn also won the Best Hair Award.
The second runner up was Karlie Willis, the 6-year-old daughter of Angela Willis and Terrance Boyd. Karlie also won the Assistant Directors Award.
Additional Special Category Awards were awarded for:
• Most Photogenic – Chloe Grace Brown, the 7-year-old daughter of Akeinnis and Ericia Brown;
• Best Smile – Isley Washington, the 9-year-old daughter of Mangold and Melonie Washington; and,
• Directors Award – Zyniyah Pickens, the 8-year-old daughter of Dudrika and Anthony Pickens.m