A Philadelphia man is being sought in connection with a Sunday night shooting which sent another to a Jackson hospital where he remained in serious condition on Tuesday.

A warrant has been issued for Anthony Seales, South Lewis Avenue, Lot 39, charging him with aggravated assault in connection with the shooting of Michael Griffin, of 261 Davis St.

Police charge that Griffin initially fired shots at Seales. Three bullets struck a Mercury Grand Marquis which was left abandoned on Davis Street after 5 p.m., Investigator Fredesz Moore said.

About 15 minutes later, Griffin was shot one time in the stomach while in the front yard of his house on Davis Street.

It was the 14th shooting incident inside the city since early summer.

He was taken to the University Medical Center.

Officers initially responded at 5 p.m. to a report of a shooting where witnesses said that Griffin had fired at a vehicle, Moore said.

While police were searching for him, Griffin was shot by his assailant.

He ran over to a neighbor's house where he was later found by police, Moore said.

Seales remained at-large at press time.

Moore said no charges had been filed against Griffin. However, the case remains under investigation.

"We're looking into options," he said.

The latest shooting to occur in the city was on the night of Oct. 31, when a man was killed outside an apartment complex on Pearl Avenue.

Kelvin McDonald, 22, of 379 Loper St., was charged with manslaughter last week in connection with the shooting death of Samuel Grady, 28, of 10520 Road 747, while in the parking lot of the Philadelphia Apartments off Pearl Avenue behind Burger King.

A judge denied McDonald bond during his initially appearance.

Prior to that, a bullet went through a window and landed in an occupied Head Start classroom on Oct. 14.

Wilshaun McAfee, 31, of 222 Martin Luther King Dr., was charged with aggravated assault and shooting into an occupied dwelling after one of six bullets he allegedly fired during an assault on another man landed in a classroom at the Exhibit Hall Head Start Center on Carver Avenue, authorities said.

No one was injured when the bullet shattered a window, passed through a classroom and made contact near a garbage can.

Of the 14 shooting incidents nine people have been charged, including Seales, McDonald and McAfee.

Others include Marquai Kirkland, 22, of 424 Evergreen St., was charged with the attempted murder of Robert Yarbrough, 37, of 256 Adams St.

Joshua Henley, 23, of 10792 Road 410, was charged with aggravated assault in a Columbus Avenue shooting which occurred near the Woodland Hills Drive intersection.

Sutanga Cypress, 31, of 461 Myrtle St., was charged with aggravated assault in connection with the July 8 shooting of Clara Triplett at the east Myrtle home he shared with friend

Elijah Foster, 19, of 1510 Garland Ave., Detroit, Mich., was charged with two counts of aggravated assault, and Ken Thomas, 21, of 250 Adams St., was charged with simple assault and possession of a stolen firearm, in connection with a June 30 shooting outside a popular nightspot on Atkins Street.

Randy Moncrief, 32, of 723 Fox Ave., was charged with aggravated assault in connection with the shooting of David McCarty and Mason Lewis outside a residence on east Myrtle Street on June 16.

McDonald was also charged with shooting into a house on Adams Street on Sept. 26.

Each of these cases has been turned over to the District Attorney's office.