Eleven patients were treated at Neshoba County General Hospital in wake of Monday's tornado in Winston County with five doctors working in conjunction in the emergency department.

Despite three ambulances being lined up with patients at the hospital simultaneously at one point, everything ran smoothly, Annette Watkins, director of public relations and marketing for Neshoba General, said.

Two patients were transferred to the University Medical Center in Jackson and three others to Anderson Hospital in Meridian. The remaining patients were treated at Neshoba General and later released.

Four EMS crews from Neshoba General responded to Winston County, while two additional ones remained on duty at the hospital.

Some of the patients were brought to the hospital by ambulances from Metro, LifeCare and Choctaw EMS.

The first ambulance came in at 7:25 p.m. and the last at 11:05 p.m.

"One ambulance brought in two family members: a grandfather and 15-year-old child," said Watkins said.

"The grandmother in that family came in on a separate ambulance," she said.

In addition, Lee McCall, the hospital's new chief executive officer, was injured when the tornado struck his home on Wood Street in Louisville.

"He left here about 3:20 p.m. Monday and headed to check on his family," Watkins said.

"They were all hunkered down in a bathroom with pillows and quilts."

McCall suffered a broken ankle and some lacerations. He was transferred to an Oktibbeha hospital, Watkins said.

His wife and two sons were not seriously injured when the tornado struck, ripping the roof off their house.

Watkins said most of the patients treated at Neshoba General suffered from multiple abrasions and lacerations.

The patient who was transferred to Jackson had a dislocated shoulder and an acetabulum or hip fracture, among other injuries, Watkins said.

In addition, Neshoba General received two nursing home residents from Louisville.

Four doctors were working in the emergency department at Neshoba General Monday evening and night: Dr. John Boyles, Dr. Andy Dabbs, Dr. Jessica Myers and Dr. Perry Lishman.a

Dr. Todd Willis and Dr. Patrick Eakes were on standby.

In addition, Dr. Phillip Lucas, the hospital's radiologist, went to his Madison clinic so that he could read film from the ED to avoid any delays in treatment, Watkins said.

"I was so proud and so pleased to see how calm all the doctors, nurses and other support staff were," she said. "Everybody was taking care of business like they needed to be."

Watkins said many of the ambulances were delayed in getting to the hospital because of trees and other debris in the roads.

"At one time we had three ambulances lined up ready to unload patients all at the same time," she said. "I was very proud to see how they handled it. It was something to see. It was really great."